Job Title: Purchasing ManagerDate Posted: 04-02-2015
Department / Section: Purchasing
Location: Armed Forces Officers Club & Hotel
Report To: General Manager
Minimum of Nine (9) Hours per day / Six days per week. But with flexibility as the business requires
As a Purchasing Manager you will be responsible for sourcing equipment, goods and services and managing vendors. The successful candidate will be able to perform strategic procurement activities across multiple categories of spend, search for better deals and find more profitable suppliers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage and develop the purchasing function for the company, managing a team of 4-6 persons Develop and update purchasing policy and planning.
- Manage of purchasing information and systems, and review commodity strategy with the management team.
- Manage and develop the existing and potential supplier pool and update the Approved Vendor List.
- Search for new potential suppliers develop and set up a supplier data base.
- Negotiate with local and international suppliers; prepare price comparisons cost saving budgeting and targeting.
- Negotiate and set up frame contracts.
- Effective & proactive liaison with other departments as necessary to forecast, plan to meet purchase deadline, to bundling of demands for necessary.
- Make or buy analysis of stands production and decision in cooperation with management
- Administration and reporting as necessary
- Experience : Basic Minimum 4 year experience in hotels/hospitality industry
- Education, Training Qualification: Bachelor’s degree. College courses for this position
- Personality: Dynamic, Outgoing & Guest oriented.
- Physical Requirement: Fit & Healthy.
- Age Group: 30 - 45 Years
- Languages: English & Preferably Arabic speaking.